Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Toilet Sheets and Cotton Underpants

It's amazing how things pile up on you. I keep a running list of "To Do's" in the kitchen at home. Here's the funny thing about it...every time I walk up to it to cross off a few things...I add at least 2 more. Why do I have an incessant need to be perfect and have a handle on every situation? Does it really matter if the tray that catches the dribble from the refrigerator is wiped every day? Does it really get that dirty? Probly not. But I wipe it anyhow.

My mother-in-law told me I have an immaculately clean house yesterday. I reveled in that compliment last night, especially when my husband agreed. There is something that just makes me feel good about my husband indirectly complimenting my "wife-ly-ness".

So..back to the pile. I read in a magazine yesterday that one of the dirtiest places in your house is your bed. Your sheets are dirtier than your toilet but cleaner than your kitchen sink. I am so glad I read that. Not. Now instead of having a (wooden) steel cage match with the baby's crib each week to change the crib sheet, I will now do it twice. Thank you Parents' Magazine, I need more stuff to do.

I saw on the news this morning that cotton is down 345% in production from last year so the price of t-shirts and underwear are likely to increase by about 10%. So you are telling me that there is 345% less cotton in 2011 then 2010? How is this even possible? Do people come and take already purchased cotton from you? How do you have that much less of a percentage of anything unless its hypothetical? I feel this is somehow, someway related to ethanol, Al Gore & global warming. I can't roll my eyes big enough on this one. I guess my dirtier-than-my-kitchen-sink sheets will cost more this year.

No comments: